Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Writer's block distraction

1. What time did you get up this morning?
9:50. Which is just embarrassing enough that I'm telling myself (and you) that it's a result of still being jet-lagged from the return from Vancouver. Or maybe it's just because I didn't go to bed until after 1.

2. Diamonds or pearls?
My friend Sarah has the most beautiful necklace of black pearls and when I saw it a year ago, I was hypnotized. Within the past twelve months, though, it's fair to say my attention (obsession?) has been on diamond (singular).

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
United 93

4. What is your favorite TV show?
I don't have a television anymore precisely because I used to have several favorite shows. Like, every episode of Law and Order ever made.

5. What did you have for breakfast?
A glass of cherry seltzer water and orange-tangerine juice. 3 hardboiled eggs with mustard. 1 cup of coffee with honey and cream.

6. What is your middle name?
Elizabeth

7. What is your favorite food?
Apples. All varieties so long as they're crisp but particular favorites are Fuji and Mutsu.

8. What foods do you dislike?
Soymilk yogurt, fried oysters, grape jelly, Mountain Dew, chicken nuggets (post-Fastfood Nation), ice-milk, sugar-free pudding, and Velveeta cheese

9. Your favorite Potato chip?
I don't really have one.

10. What is your favorite CD at the moment?
Ani Difranco Living in Clip, Disc 1. It's springtime music for me, and a packing and moving soundtrack -- it takes me right back to 16, ten years ago.

11. What kind of car do you drive?
A 2001 Honda CRV

14 Favorite drink?
Champagne

15. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would it be?
The Ashram, in Calabassas, California

16.What color is your bathroom?
Peeling white paint and no sink. But sparkling clean.

17. Favorite brand of clothing?
Calypso

18.Where would you retire?
I can't think about this question until after I've started working again.

19 Favorite time of day?
Early, early morning (contrary to current waking pattern)

21. Favorite sport to watch?
Basketball; it reminds me of my dad

24. What laundry detergent do you use?
I don't know, I drop it off across the street

25. Coke or Pepsi?
Coke, diet

26. Are you a morning person or night owl?
See #19

27. What size shoe do you wear?
7.5

28. Do you have pets?
Nooo but I can't wait to have a dog.

29. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with your friends?
Yesterday Robert and I turned in the completed application-contract-10% deposit to buy an apartment on 16th Street.

30. What (who) did you want to be when you were little?
A combination witch-fairy princess

31. Favorite Candy Bar?
Peanut butter M&Ms

33. What are the different jobs you have had in your life?
Retail sales at clothing stores in Soho and at Kiehls on 3rd Avenue, office assistant , development assistant, temp, private tutor in Costa Rica, newspaper journalist at The Tennessean, yoga teacher

34. Favorite season?
Spring

35. Nicknames you've had?
Squealor, Narah Saurus

36. Piercings:
One in each ear and my belly-button

37. Eye color:
Blue

38. Ever been to Africa?
Yes, South Africa, Egypt and Morocco

39. Ever been toilet papering?
Yes, poor girl up the street, I'm sorry.

40. Love someone so much it made you cry?
Lord, yes

41. Been in a car accident?
No

43. Favorite day of the week?
Sunday

44. Favorite restaurant?
Prune (on 1st St and 1st Ave) for brunch in New York, Pancake Pantry for breakfast in Nashville (sweet potato pancakes!)

45. Favorite flower?
Tulips, orchids, roses, I love everything except carnations

46. Favorite ice cream?
Special Edition -- from 1992 -- Haagen Dazs Carrot Cake. 14 years later, I'm still rallying that they'll bring it back.

47. Disney or Warner Brothers?
Whatever

48. Favorite fast food restaurant?
Umm, Wendy's?

49. What color is your bedroom carpet?
Ha!

50. How many times did you fail your driver's test?
Zero

51. Before this one, from whom did you get your last e-mail?
Buki Esuruoso

52. Which store would you choose to Max out your Credit Card?
any bookstore

53. What do you do most often when you are bored?
Read, crossword puzzles, "think"

54. Bedtime:
In my ideal perfect life, I go to bed just after the sun sets. In this life, however, it's closer to midnight.

56. Last person you went to dinner with?
Robert, on Vacouver Island. We ordered room service and ate smoked salmon with cream cheese and triangles of rye toast, a green salad with tofu and dressing with cardamon, and cheese. And white wine from British Columbia.

57. Ford or Chevy?
I don't care

58. What are you listening to right now?
Rain, birds, a neighbor 4 flights down sweeping dried leaves

59. What is your favorite color?
Blues

60. Lake, Ocean or River?
Ocean

61. How many tattoos do you have?
One

62. Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
The egg (but really, if you want to argue about this, you'll win)

64. Favorite Cocktail?
Margarita

65. Red or White wine?
White

66. Where would you go for a girls or boys weekend get-a-way?
Bikini bootcamp in Mexico

67. What do you want to be?
A published writer

68. Republican or Democrat?
Democrat

69. Favorite Family Vacation?
Cumberland Island off the coast of Georgia

1 Comments:

Blogger Joe Leonard said...

It is late. I am working on a screenplay in my place in LA, and of course I am doing what I can do to avoid finishing what I've started -- I am looking things up on wikipedia and watching random things on youtube. Muhammad Ali, that kind of thing. Doing things you do when you can't work and can't sleep. Randomly I google you, Sarah... and turn up this site? It made me happy to hear a few of your thoughts, and eventually I decided I was almost prying. So I decided just to leave this note.

Wherever you are. hello.

3:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home