Wednesday, October 26, 2005

morning glory

Last night I dreamed I was a prostitute, earning $2,000 for a full weekend. There was a party, two guys and three women other than me, and the six of us were riding on top of a hired car to a restaurant when one of the women turned to me and said, "We can't afford to pay for this car. Can you pitch in?"
I said, "No. It's not my job. You're not my friends."
Everyone ignored me through the dinner and at the end of the weekend, the guys only gave me $500.

Somehow, later in the dream, I was reunited with Robert and he asked me again to marry him. When I said yes, he suggested that we crawl up the aisle on our hands and knees "like two little babies."

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Uh-oh! Everything is receding from you, like sex and love. Sex is worth less -- to you, or from you. Love itself seems like a regressive trope. Where will you go from here?

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home